Monday 4 July 2011

New Job!

Hi All,

Well, since my last post, there has been one huge thing that happened:

I got a grown up job! Not only a grown up job, but a job in the field that I want to work in! I am the new Fitness Center and Group Exercise Coordinator at a local Community Center.

I am so, SO excited to dive in and start learning... and there will be a LOT of that to do. I am in charge of a staff of about 35 and ALL of their schedules. Good thing I like logistics :)

I also get to lead a Teen Bootcamp. It. Is. A. Blast. They are a group of awesome teens who are so hard working and fun. Last week we did 15 minutes of warm ups and plyos (hard plyos, they were troopers: jump squats, butt kicks, high knees, and burpees). Then half an hour of circuit training (thank you Garage band for letting me make tons of 1 minute clips with 30 second pauses!) and 10 minutes of core and cool down. They were such troopers. We set team goals, and I think they even had fun.

I am SO excited about this path that I am on. It has taken a while for me to get what I want, but the wait has been so worth it. The experience I'll gain here for my age is great! Cheers to a healthy 4th!

No comments:

Post a Comment