Saturday 21 May 2011

To Weigh or Not to Weigh

Since starting studying for my Personal Training exam (through ACE), I have been going back and forth about scales. Some advise throwing your scale away and using a tape measurer and the way your jeans fit to measure ones successes, and I can see how that would be extremely beneficial. Less mind games, less

However, since I am an anal retentive control freak at times  like to know, I prefer weighing myself daily. But that scale is really hard to face at times. So I definitely don't do it every day. Or after ingesting massive amounts of pizza and beer (yup, even health professionals do it at times...). I only weigh myself on days that I feel fabulous, and if that number doesn't match what I'd want it to, then I put the scale away and focus on my goals.

But here is the case in point: If a number on a machine that is probably inaccurate anyway is determining the mood of your day, put the scale in the back closet. Step back and learn how to rely on how you FEEL. Do you feel strong and healthy?  Do you feel like shakin' your tail feather in your pair of jeans? If so then celebrate!

If you're not feeling so rocking one day, stay away from the scale and put on something comfortable!! That cute belted sundress that makes you feel like a million because if doesn't have a button at your waist, or your yoga pants that instantly lift your butt.

If you focus on how you feel, you will start to make connections between your habits and the benefits or downfalls of them. Then, if you want, integrate the scale slowly into your feel good routine.

Tomorrow is Sunday, a fresh start to the week. Start on a good note and don't weigh yourself :)

No comments:

Post a Comment