Thursday 30 September 2010

ZOO!!!

Oh Hey Blog World
It has been a busy busy week my friends. Lots of nannying and scheduling, etc. I will say, I am excited for the days when I will work some regular hours with some consistency!

So this spring I decided to buy a pass to the Minnesota Zoo . I went with the Individual +1 option, and it has more than paid for itself. This Monday, it was an absolutely perfect leaf crunching day. Clear blue skies, high 60's temps, it was an ideal day. Even though it was under construction, the parking lot still had tons of handicap spaces which is also helpful. Luckily my grandpa has a motorized scooter, so off we went to the Zoo to ride the trails in his Big Bruno.

The day was a success! We covered the entire Northern Trail, and the entire inside. I got to pet the sharks and sting rays, and gpa got to take a snooze in front of the shark tank :) My personal favorite spot is the Discovery Cove area. I LOVE the entire dolphin family: a new calf (so stinking cute), the calf's mom, grandma, and dad. Also, one of the tigers was out and roaming about. I never get to see them! Fabulous to see it out and walking. The grizzleys were nice and teddy bear like, all snuggled up in little fur balls

We enjoyed a great lunch (Definitely a decent variety of options and tasted pretty good! Not incredibly overpriced either, about standard lunch prices with lots of options). Oh how I love that man. Despite not having a nice normal schedule, I am SO grateful for the extra time I get to spend with my family. Here are a few pics my friends.

Look at the Camels! 

I love him :)

Fishtank on the Tropics Trail
Gpa is the cutest sweetest old guy ever. And rather hilarious. Overall, great experience, awesome paved trails, VERY well maintained grounds and the animals, as usual, were adorable.

No comments:

Post a Comment